Monday, September 9, 2013

Paddleboard Races and Rainy Annecy

So Saturday was a weird day in general but I did get to witness a paddleboard race on the Rhône. That was cool. And bizarre. But mostly cool.




This past Sunday, a lot of the exchange students and all of the Penn kids went to Annecy, which is about an hour and a half from Lyon.





The bus ride was fun because it was on a coach bus and was very similar to going on a high school trip. Mostly on the way back home, but more on that later.


Meg was my bus buddy

So it rained. A lot. Like torrential downpour.






This duck was so cool

So that happened. It kind of sucked because this place is known for how beautiful it is and I was so game for sitting by the lake and reading. I say it kind of sucks, because you know, I’m in France and I can’t really complain.

We toured around the small village for two hours and then we were left to our own devices, pictures below. In a town known for its cheese and fondue, I had pizza for lunch. #winning






I think the solitary golden statues are hilarious


We then went to wondering trying to pass time until we had to leave at 5:30. We found this giant house castle thing at the top of the hill. We had to pay for the museum. We weren't feelin' it. But they sky was pretty.




Even though it wasn't the most pleasant of days, I thought there were still some very pretty scenes.





The organ grinder played Singing in the Rain...

...and Swanee River.

Right before we got on the bus, Meg and I ducked out of the rain. I read and Meg journal-ed. That was really nice.



Non-sequitur side note: My host mom and I watch French reality TV together. It's fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment